This week (July 20) So you think you can dance will feature the return of the All-Stars. Six fan-favorite alums will be paired with one of the Top 6. However – SPOILER ALERT – the episode will end without ELIMINATION.
The following week on the episode “Head 2 Head” (July 27), the eliminations resumed. Judges Lea Remini, tic and JoJo Siwa in addition to the studio audience, determines who stays and who goes home.
This week’s choreographers are…
According to journalist Kristyn Burttthis week’s choreographers include: Gabe deGuzman (hip-hop), Ellenore Scott (Broadway, Jazz), Sasha Farber and Emma Slater (Ballroom), Jaci Royal (Contemporary), Talia Favia (Contemporary), Luther Brown (Hip-Hop) and Mandy Korpinen and Elizabeth Petrin (group number).
All-Star Matchups and Dance Styles
From FOX publicity photos:
- Ralyn & Comfort Fedoke – Hip-hop
- Essence & Koine Iwasaki – Contemporary
- Carter and Bailey Munoz – Hip-hop
- Alexis and Amy Yakima – Jazz
- Keaton and Ezra Sosa –Jive
- Beau & Lex Ishimoto – Contemporary
SYTYCD Calendar 2022
Text is from official FOX press releases
- Wednesday July 20 – Starry, Starry Night – Top 6 Perform with All Stars – Six of the show’s favorite stars – including Fedoke of comfort, Lex Ishimoto, Amy Yakima, Ezra Sosa, Koine Iwasaki and Bailey Munoz – go back to dancing with the Top Six.
- Wednesday, July 27 – Head 2 Head – After avoiding elimination last week, the Top Six once again take to the stage to impress the judges and the voting audience, dancing three performances each – trios and solos – and the dreaded eliminations are back
- Wednesday August 3 – The final cut – The remaining contestants took to the stage performing two unique numbers before heading to the finale, first dancing together in pairs, then paired with one of the series’ beloved All-Stars: Kiki Nyemchek, Audrey case Where Robert Green. Find out who will advance to the season finale
- Wednesday August 10 – Final