Next weeks Dancing with the stars is a two-night affair, according to Disney. The competition will take place on Monday (October 17) and Tuesday (October 18) evenings. Two nights of dancing – two eliminations by the end of the week.
“The Most Memorable Year” Monday, October 17
The top spot for “Stars Story Week” is “Most Memorable Year” on Monday. The remaining 12 couples will perform emotional routines that best represent the most defining years of their lives. The all-new episode of DWTS will air live Monday, October 17 (8:00 p.m. ET / 5:00 p.m. PT), on Disney+ in the US and Canada.
Prom evening with dance marathon Tuesday, October 18
Next up is “Prom Night” featuring the remaining 11 couples performing dances to hits that take them back to their high school proms. An all-new episode will air live Tuesday, October 18 (8:00 p.m. ET / 5:00 p.m. PT), on Disney+.
Hosts Tyra Banks and Alphonse Ribeiro will be released for Whitney Houston’s “So Emotional” for “Stars’ Stories Week: Most Memorable Year.”
The professional dancers and cast will open “Star Stories Week: Prom Night” with a performance of “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!” by ABB. The evening will also mark the return of the Dance Marathon: the 11 couples will join the ballroom at the same time, dancing first a hustle and then a lindy hop. The judges will select the marathon couples, one at a time. Couples will earn additional bonus points based on how long they complete the Dance Marathon, and the last couple standing will be crowned prom king and queen. Bonus points from the Dance Marathon will be added to the judges’ scores from the first dance round to determine a final combined ranking for the night.
Star Stories Week: Most Memorable Year – Dance Styles and Song Picks
- Joseph Baena and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a Rumba on “My Way” by Frank Sinatra
- Selma Blair and Sasha Farber will perform a waltz to Andra Day’s “What The World Needs Now Is Love”
- Wayne Brady and pro Witney Carson will perform a Foxtrot on “Beautiful” by Jim Brickman & Wayne Brady
- Charli D’Amelio and pro Mark Ballas will perform a Contemporary on “When the party is over” by Lewis Capaldi
- Heidi D’Amelio and pro Artem Chigvintsev will play a rumba on “Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You (I Love You Baby)” by Lauryn Hill
- Jessie James Decker and pro Alan Bersten will perform a Tango on “Blue Jeans” by Jessie James Decker
- Trevor Donovan and professional Emma Slater will perform a Jazz routine on “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay
- Daniel Durant and pro Britt Stewart will perform a Contemporary on “Both Sides Now” by Joni Mitchell
- Vinny Guadagnino and pro Koko Iwasaki will perform a Jazz routine on “Levels” by Avicii
- Shangela and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform a Foxtrot on “Roar (Acoustic)” by Katy Perry
- Jordin Sparks and pro Brandon Armstrong will perform a salsa on “Let’s Get Married (ReMarqable Remix)” by Jagged Edge ft. RUN
- Gabby Windey and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a Foxtrot on JP Cooper’s “If the World Should Ever Stop”
Stars’ Stories Week: Prom Night – Dance Styles and Song Choices
- Joseph Baena and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a Cha Cha on “Shut Up and Dance” from WALK THE MOON
- Selma Blair and Sasha Farber will perform a Cha Cha on “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
- Wayne Brady and pro Witney Carson will perform a Samba on “It Takes Two” by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
- Charli D’Amelio and pro Mark Ballas will play a Jive on “You Make My Dreams” by Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Heidi D’Amelio and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a Jazz routine on “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
- Jessie James Decker and pro Alan Bersten will perform a Viennese waltz to Kelly Clarkson’s “Breaway”
- Trevor Donovan and professional Emma Slater will perform a Jive to “Basket Case” by Green Day
- Daniel Durant and pro Britt Stewart will perform a Cha Cha on “SexyBack” by Justin Timberlake ft. Timbaland
- Vinny Guadagnino and pro Koko Iwasaki perform a Viennese waltz to Lifehouse’s “You and Me”
- Shangela and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform a Cha Cha on “Waiting For Tonight” by Jennifer Lopez
- Jordin Sparks and pro Brandon Armstrong will perform a Contemporary to “No Air” by Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown
- Gabby Windey and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a Tango on “Good Girls Go Bad” by Cobra Starship ft. Leighton MeesterDuring the dance marathon the couples will perform a Hustle to “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer and a Lindy Hop to “Jump Jive An’ Wail” by The Brian Setzer Orchestra
model Tyra Banks and actor and television personality Alphonse Ribeiro host Dancing with the stars on Disney+. Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough sit on the jury.